Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from “amendment team”

Chrissy29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I’ve received now numerous times an email from “ amendmentteam@o2.com” asking me to sign into a secure portal? A link provided to do so .. o2 body in the email with o2 address ect at bottom. Not sure if it’s legit wonder is anyone else getting these emails ? There is a CFR reference .. does any of this sound familiar to anyone ? And if so is it phishing ?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Marjo yes I’m still waiting 😊
Message 21 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Chrissy29

This is an encrypted message and is sent by Credit Referrals Teams and is usually where you have made a complaint to them or one has been referred to them.

The Time limit is before the URL expires and is normal for encrypted messaging systems, and is by design.
Forwarding is blocked as its for your eyes only, and the o2 corporate policy.

Does it give a clearswift URL at the bottom of the email, such as https://securemail.clearswift.com/login.html?msgUserId=869cxxxxxxsfsfsfsfs&enterprise=o2&locale=en_U...

I would say this is not phishing but a genuine response, and CS and Credit Referrals have some different systems hence CS cant see it. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 22 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@madasaf1sh no but if I click the link within the url at top of page is clearswift.com Then asking me to sign into my o2 account?
Is this then legit as iv not heard back from anyone to say so or informed me it was safe. Any info iv had was to ignore the email.
Message 23 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Chrissy29 

Does the login page look like this o2.PNG

If so its not your o2 account it wants you to create an account using your email address, this doesnt need to be the same as your o2 account details...

The URL In the browser should be https://securemail.clearswift.com/login.html

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 24 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No but I’m using my phone it might look like that if I had a computer I don’t no? I don’t know how to send a photo on this forum to show you.
Message 25 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I just received an email back from spam@o2.com telling me it’s a genuine email from o2. You think o2 couldn’t let me know even via text message. Thank goodness so iv followed ur advice ref making an account. It’s just a reply to a question I asked via the phone before we went into lockdown. Anyway now all is good. Thank you @madasaf1sh that’s the closest I’ve got to resolve.
Message 26 of 26