cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Storage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my iphone with o2 for many years and had their broadband until they decided to sell to Sky.   I have now switched to BT.   The problem is, since the switch my email storage has been cut to just 20 mb, which means I am constantly getting emails saying the email box is full.  Not only do I have to delete the messages, I have to delete the trash every time.   I have asked on Chat but they say there is nothing they can do.  Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way to get more storage?   Seems a shame but I will probably drop this account if things don't change.  o2 have been great, but things seem to be changing.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

There is no way to increase from the 20mb

In webmail

Settings > general> untick box for deleted to trash and they will not be saved just deleted

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

There is no way to increase from the 20mb

In webmail

Settings > general> untick box for deleted to trash and they will not be saved just deleted

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Better to bite the bullet now and start slowly moving your email to your new provider or better yet, get a Gmail account. So much more versatile than the antiquated O2 webmail. I use mine only for registering on various sites. It's a bind informing people of a new email address but it makes sense to do it sooner rather than later.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, that's really helpful.

Message 4 of 4