Did you mean: 

Eligibility check/Credit check

SonicTheHaggis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.

O2 says i can upgrade. I've chosen the phone and plan, everything going great. I get to the Eligibility questions and it says "This isn’t a credit check, so your credit rating won’t be affected. We’ll carry out a full credit assessment later in your checkout journey.". it asks 3 questions about my income, employment and how long i have stayed at my current address,  it then has a line under it and seems to ask me to sign up for a credit check.

Is this a sneaky way to get you to do a hard check or am i being over cautious because i cant tell if the eligibility questions are done and we are now at the "later in your checkout journey" at the VERY next part.

O2.PNG

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@Userment 

I didn't get a hard search.

As I don't work for O2 or have any insight to their business policies, I can't guarantee you won't, but I do feel it's unlikely tbh.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 11