Did you mean: 

Eligibility check/Credit check

SonicTheHaggis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.

O2 says i can upgrade. I've chosen the phone and plan, everything going great. I get to the Eligibility questions and it says "This isn’t a credit check, so your credit rating won’t be affected. We’ll carry out a full credit assessment later in your checkout journey.". it asks 3 questions about my income, employment and how long i have stayed at my current address,  it then has a line under it and seems to ask me to sign up for a credit check.

Is this a sneaky way to get you to do a hard check or am i being over cautious because i cant tell if the eligibility questions are done and we are now at the "later in your checkout journey" at the VERY next part.

O2.PNG

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148431 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28404 Solutions

@SonicTheHaggis 

Yes, that's correct.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 148431 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28404 Solutions

@SonicTheHaggis 

Credit assessment and credit check are two different things.

Everyone gets credit checked now for everything but the last upgrade I did was just a soft check and didn't appear on my credit file.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

SonicTheHaggis
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5.

So to be clear, the 3 questions about home, profession and income are the pre credit check questions and then the PCCI tick box is the credit check confirmation?

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 148431 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28404 Solutions

@SonicTheHaggis 

Yes, that's correct.

Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11164 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

@SonicTheHaggis 

The 3 questions are part the eligibilty and affordability checks.. 

The next box is you allowing o2 to share details of your account with the parties listed, the credit check page come once you have paid any delivery fees etc and after this part...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 11

Sutty
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When you upgraded was this sim only to sim only? 

Message 6 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7706 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions

@Sutty I had a soft check SIM only to SIM only last March

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 148431 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28404 Solutions

@Sutty wrote:

When you upgraded was this sim only to sim only? 

Yes it was @Sutty and is the same for any upgrade.

New customers go through a different process.

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93817 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7012 Solutions

Be aware though that a soft check can in some instances be followed by a hard check

Message 9 of 11

Userment
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, just to double-check: are you saying that although it says on the page that they are going to conduct a hard search, it is actually a soft search for Sim-only to Sim-only upgrade? I definitely do not want a hard search on my credit file for an £8 SIM, so I want to be absolutely sure. Thanks for confirming. 

Message 10 of 11