cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

I've seen the offer on the Galaxy S4 (£37 for unlmtd minutes and texts and 2gb of data), however this offer ends on the 25th of April and my contract does not expire until 8th of June with the option to upgrade early on the 9th of May.

I called yesterday to try and find out what my options were and was told I should call again on the 23rd/24th and see if they'll upgrade me early, this sounds a bit odd to me. Is it accurate? I was told my other option would be to buy out my current contract, though I was told that would make me ineligible for the S4 offer which also sounds a bit odd.

What is actually accurate and what is my best option? I have no desire to renew my current tarrif as compared to the new tarrifs the one I got 2 years ago is rubbish!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No one can tell you if they will upgrade you early or not. I guess it depends on what the upgrades team are told to allow. Maybe one of the CS guys that come on here will know. However, I don't see why you can't cancel and start a new contract on the S4 with the deal you want though. Many others have done this........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No one can tell you if they will upgrade you early or not. I guess it depends on what the upgrades team are told to allow. Maybe one of the CS guys that come on here will know. However, I don't see why you can't cancel and start a new contract on the S4 with the deal you want though. Many others have done this........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought to be honest, I think my best bet will be to call and pay off the rest of my contract and then head to store and take a new contract with the preorder offer (have to do it in store cause I get a channel partner discount)

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Sounds like the best idea to me slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go for it
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like a good deal

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies, I called up and spoke to a very helpful young woman! The preorder stock has all run out though so I've got to wait and once my order moves forward I've got to figure out how best to ensure my discount is moved across x.x

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck & let us know how you get on
Message 8 of 8