Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Early upgrade

New on here so my question may seem old hat to most I assume.
I am due/can upgrade early on 13 May. If I do upgrade do I need to exactly on this date?
My current tariff is £35.74 a month and the new tariff/phone will be £27.
If I upgrade after this date do I still pay the tariff on the old phone as well as the tariff on the new upgraded phone?
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: Early upgrade

I'm starting an educational campaign to enlighten everyone its not an upgrade but a renewal of a contract.... Smiley Very Happy
I take it your contract minimum term ends on 13th June and you can renew a month early which is purely optional. You don't have to do anything and the contract will continue on a 30 day notice rolling contract. In other words, you keep on paying the same rate with the same T&C's unless you decide to change. BTW, do check the new T&C's as you may not get the current benefits carried over once you accept the new term.
Now if you do change then you will pay the new tariff rate and the cost between the old and new will be calculated pro-rata. So you may even be in credit on the change over. There may be, unfortunately, a slightly higher than normal bill perhaps old + new tariffs because of billing dates but as I said, it will be calculated retrospectively and show on your next bill.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply sheepdog.
I am only changing phone/tariff because what I use each month is not justifying the £35 a month charge. Also I feel the phone I am changing to is better than the phone I have but at a much cheaper tariff.
Although some people disagree.
I have an iPhone 3GS and I am looking to change to the HTC Desire s.
Maybe a bad move, maybe not. I just want a cheaper monthly tariff with a phone that performs on a level with the iPhone and I have opted for the Desire s for it's performance. The iPhone, I feel, is priced too high for what it can/can't do.
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Absolutely agree - don't worry about other people think as its the forum advice to go with the best deal for you, whether that be with o2 or elsewhere Smiley Wink
Though if you're still content with the 3GS then you could always consider doing Simplicity for a while then later go back onto a contract with phone. Just looking at the deal now, its pretty good for £27 compared to simplicity over 24 months.
You might want to ring retentions and see what the deal is for renewing as you only need to sign up for 12 months now. Handset price might be higher but the trade-off is the shorter term contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm only keeping the 3GS because my wife can put her sim card in it from her 3G lol.
When her contract runs out in November I will see how powerful the android phones have become so she can upgrade to one of those and give it to me while she can then have the Desire s.