Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early upgrade

Augusta
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m thinking of upgrading one year earlier; they offer £600+ for early upgrade but also say if doing this will cut the contract with 25%. Can someone explain? Do I still get a new phone with early upgrade? Is that 25% off the early upgrade fee or off the monthly contract pay?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Augusta the 25% is off the £600 it will cost you to upgrade early but this only applies if you take a new refresh contract of phone + airtime directly with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Augusta the 25% is off the £600 it will cost you to upgrade early but this only applies if you take a new refresh contract of phone + airtime directly with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Augusta
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your reply; so I’d have taken off 25% and pay the rest; I get a new phone and do I need to take a plan with them equal or above or I can get a cheaper plan?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can choose any airtime plan you wish.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4