Did you mean: 

Early upgrade

Anonymous1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys.

Took out the early upgrade offer last year with o2 paying £26.00 extra month on top of normal bill.
I have decided not to upgrade this time and I contacted o2 who said as I won’t be upgrading I won’t have to pay this anymore so they said they’d cancel it for me. I now get a bill from them saying this £26 is now due and speaking to them online they’ve told me that I still have to pay it so I’m going round in circles.
I was sold the £26.00 last September as the early upgrade fee I’d have to pay a month but as I’m no longer upgrading do I have to pay this? I won’t be benefiting from the good or services and I’m getting really frustrated.
At the time of taking the contract out money was ok but this year the money situation has changed and it’s getting more expensive.
Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions
There is no "extra" to pay on the early upgrade offer. It's all part of the tariff charge you chose. If you now choose not to upgrade youust keep paying the same tariff price unfortunately or pay off the rest of the device plan and change to a cheaper simo tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous1, welcome to our community! Did the above information explain things or do you need any further clarification on how early upgrades work? Let us know how you're getting on. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4