Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early cancellation and third party contract

DanielCrocker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My existing contract has two bills left to pay but I'm looking at switching to a new contract early via uSwitch. (I'm not on a refresh plan)
My question is how do I go about paying off my existing contract and keeping my number whilst switching to a third party O2 contract.
Also how does the process work around one contract ending and the next starting? Do I need to wait until the new one starts to end the old one?
Cheers
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DanielCrocker 

Yes, you'll need a new contract whilst maintaining your current one.

When you get your new contract, call O2 to migrate your number and they will generate the final bill on your old contract, including the final months payments.

You will have to pay both contracts for one month up to the point you migrate your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

DanielCrocker
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So assuming I want to stay with O2 but from a third party from uSwitch I would need to purchase a new contract and have the phone and sim delivered then phone O2 and get them to move my old number to the new contract and sort out the final bill?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DanielCrocker wrote:
So assuming I want to stay with O2 but from a third party from uSwitch I would need to purchase a new contract and have the phone and sim delivered then phone O2 and get them to move my old number to the new contract and sort out the final bill?

Yes, exactly that @DanielCrocker 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

DanielCrocker
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would this process be the same if I wanted to take out a contract with another provider for example ee or three?
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DanielCrocker 

Slightly different.

You'd get a PAC to keep your number Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

which would end your O2 contract when your number ports to the new network.

You would still get your final bill from O2 as above though.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6