cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having major problems with my phone but am not due an upgrade until Aug 2014. Is it possible to upgrade now and how much do they normally charge?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
To get a new contract now you need to pay off your remaining months, so it will be 17 x (your monthly line rental). What phone is it and what is up with it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
To get a new contract now you need to pay off your remaining months, so it will be 17 x (your monthly line rental). What phone is it and what is up with it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

To upgrade now you'd have to pay off the remaining line rental from this contract.  So, if for example your contract is £30, and your upgrade date is Aug 2014, it would be roughly 17x£30 = £510.  If your contract is more or less per month then use that as a rough guide.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the issue with your current phone?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah right ok. I have more than five months to go. Some of the keys are sticky making using it impossible at times.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Is it damaged by miss use or just faulty? The phone will have at least 12 months and some have 2 years warranty. I edited my first reply as I only counted upto Aug 2013, sorry....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6