cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade question...

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I checked a few days ago to see when I was due an upgrade and to great surprise I discovered that I am being given the option to upgrade early.

The only problem is that out of the current crop of phones on offer directly from o2, none of them are hugely appealing - and there's no way in hell I'm paying £70 per month or thereabouts for an iPhone X (cough, cough, the bile just raised in my throat) or a Samsung S8/Note.  

The OnePlus 5T gets unveiled on Thursday which has some appeal, but the phones I'm most interested in are the Huawei Mate 10 Pro and the Google Pixel 2 XL, which only appear to be available via the Carphone Warehouse.  My question is, would I be able to end my contract early so that I could take advantage of one of the CpWh deals or would I have to pay the rest of my contract, which officially ends in March?  

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If your MyO2 says you can upgrade now, you can do that anywhere, but, the early upgrade offers are usually when upgrading to refresh which is only available directly from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If your MyO2 says you can upgrade now, you can do that anywhere, but, the early upgrade offers are usually when upgrading to refresh which is only available directly from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If you want to go somewhere else for the phone you want @Anonymous info here on cancelling your contract https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3