Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: Early Upgrade Problem

Starfruit, did you not notice that your posts were moderated to remove the abuse.
In my eyes you have considerably weakened any case you had , with your bizarre assertions.
Quite simply, its an extra they offer, which is reviewed annually and you are no longer entitle to it. Nothing wrong there.
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,931

Starfruit, your last post and my response to it have been deleted by moderator 11 (can't think why!) so I would just like to wish you all the best with your new network and trust it will be all you want it to be.
Anonymous

Abusive ??? I was merely answering back to the comments directed at me. The fact remains o2 have changed dramatically over the last 2 yrs - I have been a customer since it was called Cellnet and when they treated their customers with a modicum of respect. All the people who keep harping on about how good o2 are for allowing early upgrades should realise that the promise of an early upgrade was part of the contract. That is why I and countless other people agreed to said contracts. O2 does nothing for free and their customer service is getting worse - not the call centre people but the policies.
So sj on the contrary, let me wish you well and a happy life with o2. Oh and if stating that I have a life as I'm not a regular on here is deemed abusive then I give up, it's too pathetic for words.
Anonymous

I think you'll find it was your little snipes at individuals which was deemed abusive.
Anonymous

Abusive - I think not. Last time I looked we were still living in a free country Ninnie ?? Smiley Very Happy Oh but thanks for pointing it out for me I'd never have known otherwise

Starfruit, I did not consider your post that was deleted was in any way abusive and I would defend anyone's right to speak their mind and state their views irrespective of differing from my own.
I will stay with O2 for now, not because of brand loyalty (like yourself I have been with O2 since the BTCellnet days and even worked for them for 3 years) but because I have a great tariff that is ideal for ME.
If you read my first post in reply to yours, I did say that i tended to agree with you but took exception to the personal comments aimed at another forum member. If I have a problem with O2 in the future, I won't hesitate to change networks and choose the best deal to suit my needs.
I don't know if you got to read my last post before it was deleted but in that post, I referred to you as Sourfruit** (it's possible that this may once again be deleted) and the whole post was deleted for just that one word. I apologise for that. I usually prefer a frank and open exchange of views without personal comments.
Please come back to the thread once you have changed from O2 and enlighten us whether the grass is really greener at your chosen network.
** to the moderators, please, if you still find this word offensive in this context, just delete the word and leave the rest of the post on this thread.
Anonymous

further to my previous posts I'd just like to reiterate the point of the thread. o2 want our custom and as a condition of taking out an 18 month contract I and a lot of other people were told they could upgrade 6 months early. Approximately 2 yrs ago o2 decided to change this and introduce their "rewards" system and platinum gold and silver status. They then informed their customers that they could not upgrade on the agreed dates because the customers had not spent enough money. Apart from the underhand way o2 went about this the fact is I took out my contract on this condition. O2 informed me they would "honour" my early upgrade this June however I will not be renewing my contract as I now know come Feb 2012 I will be told I have been demoted to silver status. After being a customer of over 10 yrs I am disgusted at this policy and so I will go elsewhere.
I am incredulous at the naïveté of people on this forum that see no wrong in this practice, even the call centre workers I have spoken to agree that it is losing o2 customers.
So for fear of upsetting any sensitive people on here I'll leave it at that but just remember the next time a multi-million pound company takes your hard earned cash and laughs in your face - don't speak up about it. It makes me sick.
Anonymous

*** Moderators if you repost Stevyjones's edited post then I think it's only fair you edit and show mine. We can all accuse each other of abuse, I prefer to call it banter as what's been said on here makes a mockery of people who suffer REAL abuse.
Thank you and goodnight Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous

Can't tell if he would be happy to have a drink with you or not, but another couple of Shiraz will go down nicely! Smiley Very Happy
We are all just looking for the best deal that suits us and that includes o2 so yes everyone look around at contract end time.