Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Early Upgrade Problem

Hi,
As a Gold customer I was told verbally in November and checked via the service on the web-site which confirmed that I was able to upgrade 3 months early ( as I have previously done) on the 6th February 2011, on checking again last night, I saw that the upgrade date had been put back until 6th April 2011, on investigating I was informed that this was because I hadn’t spent up to £750.00 in the year December to December, the amount I have actually spent is £625.52, (a mere £124.48 short) further to this I wasn’t even informed that I had been downgraded to Silver until I queried as to why the upgrade date had been altered , and to be honest as my account had always qualified for Gold and my spending wouldn’t be reduced as I’m on a fixed plan, I, not unreasonably assumed that I would remain a Gold customer unless I altered my plan to a less expensive one, the thing is that you know have to be on at least the £60 per month contract to get the 3 month early upgrade or spend way over on your contract, this has only changed since November, I was wondering if anyone else had been caught out?
Thanks for reading
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Early Upgrade Problem

Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm coming to the end of a 24 month contract, 600 Mins per month etc etc, I have lodged a complaint about being bumped from an upgrade a week before I was due to get it, I'll post the out come though I'm not very optimistic.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The same thing happened to me this morning: Gold tier yesterday, Silver on the day that I could actually use the benefit! Very underhand to have such as clear 'carrot on a stick' policy.
Customer services were, as usual, no help and was told that I still had the benefit of upgrading one month early being a Silver customer!
I will be moving two monthly contracts and a broadband package away from O2 as soon as earthly possible.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The same thing happened to me this morning: Gold tier yesterday, Silver on the day that I could actually use the benefit! Very underhand to have such as clear 'carrot on a stick' policy.
Customer services were, as usual, no help and was told that I still had the benefit of upgrading one month early being a Silver customer!
I will be moving two monthly contracts and a broadband package away from O2 as soon as earthly possible.

How on earth is this a "carrot on the stick"? You have been keeping to the agreement you signed up for, you have hardly been tempted to stay with O2 with this perk. This is an offer and they are quite entitled to change the gold posts.... I mean goal posts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ancient ferguson works for o2.
I've replied to a similar post on here it is indeed a sneaky underhand way to treat customers. Anyone who thinks it's fair is an imbecile or stands to gain.
I was a platinum customer and now I'm gold, however they have said they would "honour" my early upgrade ! "Honour" o2 wouldn't know meaning of the word. I reminded o2 that I verbally signed my contract in 2010 on the proviso that I was kept on as a platinum customer, which I was, I then also reminded them that they would be in breach of said contract if they changed it. I don't know whether I'll stay with o2 as I feel the service is poor and getting worse. If enough people complained they would have to review they're sneaky practices. BBC Watchdog I'm sure would be interested.
Oh and no need to reply ancient
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've replied to a similar post on here it is indeed a sneaky underhand way to treat customers. Anyone who thinks it's fair is an imbecile or stands to gain.
I was a platinum customer and now I'm gold, however they have said they would "honour" my early upgrade ! "Honour" o2 wouldn't know meaning of the word. I reminded o2 that I verbally signed my contract in 2010 on the proviso that I was kept on as a platinum customer, which I was, I then also reminded them that they would be in breach of said contract if they changed it. I don't know whether I'll stay with o2 as I feel the service is poor and getting worse. If enough people complained they would have to review they're sneaky practices. BBC Watchdog I'm sure would be interested.

O2 would not have him, and as for Watchdog do you know how many times we regulars have heard this about the various gripes that the 'entitled' think they are due. O2 have even been featured on there but they are not breaking any rules so far.
Most of us regulars come on here as we have a bit of knowledge of how phones and o2 work, there are only about 5 official o2 employees post here and their usernames end @02. Move to where you can get the best service and deal, we will all say the same but coming on here with imagined gripes is where we will not support you. We have had lots of folks where o2 have really mucked up and fully supported their complaints and told them how to sort it.
Brendan
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,783

Incorrect, you will find if you check some of his other posts, that there is no one quicker to criticise and condemn O2 when it's warranted.

Do you really find it necessary to be so insulting and rude? I think you have a good point about the early upgrade and I tend to agree with you.
But then you totally lose any sympathy by your infantile comments.
Oh,and I've flagged your post.
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,783

Love the new editing by the mods, a reason on the actual post. Well done the mods-a big improvement.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you can find where it is written in your contract that you will remain platinum then go right ahead.
I really don't understand why people think they have a right to redeem a benefit they're not eligible for and then moan about it when they don't get what they want.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I thought these platinum gold silver bronze and so on are a free extra bonus o2 offer to there customers? Just for being with o2?
I understand the tier of the amount you spend have changed so I can see both points of view!
However this is a free service o2 offer and are one of the networks who would do this for existing customerS!