Early Upgrade Email

AlMcCann
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone

Quick question.

I got an email this morning from o2 saying that I could upgrade 12 months early (36 month contract) and if I traded in my current phone o2 would pay the rest of my device plan (roughly £300) - I would then take out a new 36 month contract and get a new phone.

All this has to be done in store and apparently cant be done online or over the phone.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen/taken this deal and if it is actually as straightforward as it suggests?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a receipt from the o2 store and it says ‘payment to bank account’ on it. I even gave them my account number and sort code.

Everything you folks are telling me is information that I was never given either by email, or verbally in the store or from o2 Recycle.
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Keep hold of the receipt as sounds like you may need it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am on with o2 now. There is no credit on my account but the amount I paid them in store is showing in my recent transactions on my account.

They are talking to o2 Recycle now but after talking to them this morning I know that no more information will be coming my way.

Guessing this is going to get messy.

I was right to query that email last week lol.
Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No one seems to know what they are doing these days.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been with ‘o2’ for well over 24 years, I was with BT Cellnet when they rebranded! This is the first issue I have ever had amazingly.
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It's gone considerably downhill since this Covid thing kicked off.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update...

O2 Recycle who promised to contact me, didn’t contact me.

I called them this morning and was told that their finance department had reissued my payment. No reason was given for this, wasn’t told why the first one hadn’t gone through either.

If I get the money next week I will update again.
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions