cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cancelled my O2 Refresh and paid off my device. I thought that O2 Refresh meant I was free to pay off the device and quit with O2 without early termination charges. Is that right?

I have just had an email saying that I owe a £164 early termination charge. Can any one explain why this is?

Thanks

Alan

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be just able to pay off the device plan then give 30 days notice on the airtime

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27605 Solutions
Yes, the system always gets this wrong unfortunately.
It's yet another error if nor processed properly.
Call customer service on 202 for them to rectify it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply I called and the agent took some convincing, but she said that the charge would be cancelled.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions

Keep checking My O2 that the charge has been cancelled. It's ridiculous that this happens so often. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27605 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply I called and the agent took some convincing, but she said that the charge would be cancelled.

Makes you wonder what customer service is for sometimes!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be just able to pay off the device plan then give 30 days notice on the airtime

Message 6 of 7

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

The O2 community is a group of customers who like to help each other out, not Customer Service I am afraid. 

You can find information about early termination under O2 help pages here: Leaving O2

Please let us know how it goes in case we can help you more Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7