cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Disconnection and Losing Promotional Credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I recently rang up to cancel my O2 Broadband and Telephone line and was promised 12 months free broadband and "£200" credit on my mobile phone bill. 

I took the deal.

I then rang up O2 mobile today to look at disconnecting early (by 2 months) this would mean using some of the credit on that had been applied from the broadband retention deal.

But the advisor told me that if I disconnect my mobile phone I will lose that £200 promotional credit from O2 broadband and will not be able to use it towards disconnecting my mobile phone early. 

I told them that I just want to use it to upgrade early with O2 but he was said I will lose it.

Is this the case? Has anyone else managed to disconnecting using the credit?

Any help would be great...

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I had not fully read it.

So yes what you have been advised seams correct

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the t&c are here for the offer but it is not clear http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/broadband/half-price-home-broadband-and-200-credit-on-o2-pay-...

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're you told you can use the credit for an early upgrade on your phone when the credit was applied?
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe:

The credit will last until it is used up or until the customer cancels their mobile contract or until their mobile contract ends, whichever occurs soonest.

According to this if I disconnect then the credit will end...

Message 4 of 15

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I had not fully read it.

So yes what you have been advised seams correct

Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help though
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, another potential roadblock with this bloody credit... O2 lied to me about it in the first place and didn't mention any conditions like this. Indeed, the one condition I did ask about and they lied about it, a manager told me they'd listen to the call and honour whatever I was told the conditions would be, and then when the call turned out to be exactly as I said it was they went back on that too. Frankly I should have just said no to the offer and just left, it would have been much less stress and at least I'd have a nice new Sky router. If I now get a final bill for the remainder of my mobile contract from them with the credit taken off, leaving me the bill to pay, I will scream. I was told on the sales call I could do whatever I wanted with the credit and once it was on the account it was mine, turns out that was just a lie to get me to re-sign. Wasn't told there were any strings attached.

So glad I won't be dealing with O2 any more, I used to rave about them but their service is now utterly dire and not worth dealing with. Second time in a few months they've told me lies.

Message 7 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let me get this right, you were given £200 towards your mobile credit and want to use it to pay off the contract early.

Life isn't like that, they will almost certainly want the balance paid.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfectly reasonable... Had they not specifically said that I could do that. "It's yours to do with what you like"... Apparently not, then?
Message 9 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Perfectly reasonable... Had they not specifically said that I could do that. "It's yours to do with what you like"... Apparently not, then?

In your phone account yes, they aren't going to effectively hand you that in cash.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 15