Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU roaming

JussieB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am planning to leave Three and switch to a 12 month SIM only contract with O2. The main reason for leaving Three is that they have stopped their free EU roaming. As far as I can determine, it is still free to roam in the EU (within your allowance) with O2. However, three are saying things like "O2 offers free roaming but to unlock it you need to purchase add-ons and that will end up causing way more money. This information is available on their website." and "O2 have perfectly framed their hidden terms in the information such a way that customers will not notice." Can anyone confirm that O2's Eu roaming is free and without any catch?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JussieB 

It is free apart from the caveat above. You use your allowances as you do at home/ Check this excellent guide which tells you all you need to know Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6274 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1434 Solutions

Yes. With a data cap of 25Mb if your allowance is higher.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JussieB 

It is free apart from the caveat above. You use your allowances as you do at home/ Check this excellent guide which tells you all you need to know Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

paul0363
Level 4: Observant
  • 18 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Yes. With a data cap of 25Mb if your allowance is higher.

That should read a data cap of 25GB - you won't get far with 25Mb 😁

Everything else is as in your plan (and 25GB only affects those plans with a higher than 25GB data allowance obv.)

Message 4 of 5

jkingsbury1000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a mobile broadband from EE. To use my allowances in the EU is now £10 a week..so I'm ditching them

I have travelled to France and purchased a 50GB Orange Travel pack eSIM for €49.99

My download speed is consistently >100Mbps

By comparison my UK EE mobile wifi and O2 dribble along between 3Mbps and 9Mbps

Message 5 of 5