cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU roaming changes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, has anyone heard of an announcement from 02 when they they will be stopping roaming costs in the EU?  The papers have been full of the news of networks having to stop roaming charges "starting from June 2017", but I can't find anything on the O2 website.

Off on holiday to Corfu at the end of the month and hoping it might mean I don't need to use O2 Travel.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous The announcement was released today. You can find all the info here wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No announcement yet from o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
O2 will leave it until the last minute.......they're probably frantically looking for somebody willing to take ownership of the project.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nah it will be fine, they will probably switch off roaming for everyone! 

Message 4 of 21

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I'd expect an announcement at the last minute. Once a date has been agreed or announced by other networks O2 will follow.
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Free EU roaming needs to be applied by the 15th June as per OFCOM's ruling but I doubt O2 will advertise this yet. I'm off to Crete on the 18th June so perfect timing!! Dance

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the inputs folks.    Looks like my trip to Corfu at the end of this month is going to be roaming charges as normal, but Italy in June should be okay, hurrah!   Just hope that O2 get their act together.  Strange they haven't made more of a positive marketing thing about free roaming, as Vodafone have.  And I've still got to beware of accidentally roaming on Albanian networks, who must be ramping up their signal power to catch unsuspecting tourists in Corfu.

I've just seen this article on Moneysavingexpert about how some networks are going to be limiting the amount of free data roaming: http://bit.ly/2pHHYHs depending on how cheap someone's plan is, but it looks as though O2 are playing it straight.  Good on 'em.

Message 7 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm am sure the charges will ****** back after brexit 😂
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 21

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Bear in mind that for Vodafone at the moment it is for new and upgrading customers only until the June date
Message 9 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous The announcement was released today. You can find all the info here wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 21