Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate texts for same number at the same time

NF2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just started a contract with 02 and concerned at their inability to bill correctly.  Anyone else noted that when you text someone it shows anything up to 10 times  on the billing for the single text, for example I sent a text to one number at 7.23am and it shows it 10 times on the bill, this happens with everynumber I text, it also shows 10 texts to a landline number I do not know and when googled it was not a company I would text least of all to a landline number, there are also other numbers showing that I have sent texts to and they appear to be spam numbers for marketing, not text those either.  Seems o2's billing system is faulty as it is impossible to send 10 texts to one number at exactly the same time!!!  Although I am on unlimited it is not effecting me financially but it makes me wonder if those paying are being billed correctly.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't have anything like that showing on my bill, but there are a number of system glitches that we are aware of so anything is possible.
Keep your eye on it for a few days and if it persists, call customer service on 202 to report it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't have anything like that showing on my bill, but there are a number of system glitches that we are aware of so anything is possible.
Keep your eye on it for a few days and if it persists, call customer service on 202 to report it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problems on mine either....must be account specific....? (Or just affecting the chosen ones ) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @NF2000 did you get a change to speak to customer services about your billing abnormalities? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 10

NF2000
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apparently 02 chat thinks there is a glitch in the system and they are going to report to the engineers to try and sort it out,which is a good idea because if you are not on unlimited you could get charged for texts that you haven't sent, especially if each text you send is shown as being sent from anything from 2 to 10 times!

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fortunately, I think all or almost all tariffs come with unlimited texts now but it certainly needs sorting just in case and for those on PAYG too.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That sounds promising @NF2000 Please let us know of any developments! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 10

Andrew_H
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How long were the SMS you were sending?
A SMS is 160 characters long (approx), so messages longer than this are split into multiple SMS, charged individually.

E.G. a SMS which is 400 characters long would appear on your bill as 3 separate SMS, each with the same date/time and destination number.

As for the landline number that you don't recognise - I wonder if these were generated by an app?  Have you tried googling the number to see if anyone else has queried this?

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
2 or 3 times would explain away a long text but not 10 times as it would auto convert to an MMS by then, unless we were talking 2 texts to a 5 person distribution list.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10