cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due upgrade but don't want to up price

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am on the simplicity tariff and pay £16.50 month. My upgrade is now due and I would like a new phone only problem is I need to up my monthly fee to do this. I never reach my current limits so I don't want to up my tariff. Is there a way I can get an discount on a new phone instead? I have been with O2 for about 12 years so I should have some loyalty. Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on the simplicity tariff and paid £16.50 month until this week,   when I upgraded to a different package which "saves" me £1/month  (similar usage rates) ok its 24month but I have no plans on leaving O2.

Have a look in the shop there are deals on a few phones with this.  I contacted O2 support and they confirmed I had read correctly.  Wasn't sure over what phone I wanted (well I did but couldnt afford 1st choice - Galaxy S3) so went into CPW looked at phones, tried one and they confirmed they were able to do the upgrade at same price (advantage as they do unlocked phones) and bingo between CPW and O2 I was upgraded there and then

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cpw do unlocked phones but there's a catch, once you put your sim in, the phone becomes locked to that network & if you wanted a different sim in it, you would have to get it unlocked again

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144661 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
Stu, that only applied to the non sim free iPhone 5's wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh right, didn't know that, read an article somewhere that it applied to every phone they sold, then again I wouldn't buy from them 

Message 14 of 14