cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dozens of Voicemails from strangers, scam?

Nickypom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, an hour ago I started getting voicemails left every few minutes from strangers saying ‘sorry they have issedy call’ 

i have made no calls and I only get notifications of the voicemails, not the strangers call or missed call. 

I called o2 for help. They agree no calls have been made from my phone but my number is coming up on peoples phones as though I have called them. The only options they gave me was to block incoming calls, change my number and go to the police. 

Does anyone know know what’s happening and how I stop it without changing my number of bothering the police 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nickypom  I would follow the advice given to you by O2. It's a real pain, but changing your number may be the only option. O2 will allow one free number change. I would think that the police are the best to deal with this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nickypom  I would follow the advice given to you by O2. It's a real pain, but changing your number may be the only option. O2 will allow one free number change. I would think that the police are the best to deal with this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nickypom 

A dead cert they've forged the calling line ID and you are getting the blow back from it.

If you really don't want to change your number you can wait it out otherwise it's a nunber change I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 3