Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Don't use O2 if you value your entitled warranty!!!

O2 will not repair my iphone that is 5month old so within the warranty period.

the fault on the phone was not my fault, it looks like an electrical discharge to me, they claim i 'bent a pin whilst inserting the charger' so it is classed as accidental damage and simply said i should of paid for insurance! I AM ENTITLED TO A WARRANTY PERIOD! THE FAULT IS NOT OF MY OWN MAKING!!!!!

1-i am a qualified Engineer, i am very capable of inserting a charger without bending a pin!!

2- if i did bend a pin, how is this my fault. i just plugged the thing in!!

surely under warranty law this is not legal or fair?

would you expect a 5 month old TV to not be repaired because you 'inserted the power chord incorrectly'? i did everything i normally do!

i am only 5 months into a 24 month contract so they have me pinned down with a £109 repair bill.

when i initially told them my phone was broke i had to remind them that i dont need insurance as i live in the UK, and like all of us, im entitled to warranty on electrical goods!

what can i do? no way am i paying £109 to fix an iphone3GS. 

id rather cancel my contract. if O2 can't uphold my rights then they broke the contract first!

i have been with O2 nearly a decade and they still keep mugging me off like this, my own fault for putting up with this shoddy service!!!!

from Paul,

a very unhappy O2 customer, soon to be an ex customer

P.S

if you enjoy getting nowhere and saying the same thing to various people, phone them up and complain, i wish you better luck than i had

Anonymous

Re: Don't use O2 if you value your entitled warranty!!!

oh, one of the guys i spoke to said try sending it to apple they may take you up on your warranty claim. 

so he acknowledged the fact that i am entitled to warranty and his company is pants at looking after its customers

Anonymous

P.S.S

i have been advised to contact OFCOM as it turns out i am entitled to warranty, that ius exactly what i intend to do, and anyone in a similar position should do as we ARE ENTITLTED TO BASIC WARRANTY COVER

Anonymous

The best advice with any iPhone is to make a 'Genius' appointment at one of their stores. If they think it is a warranty problem they will replace it on the spot. 

Much better to travel to a store than wait for a phone to go away and be returned

Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

apple genius appointment all the time swap on the spot all warranty claims.

If you have only ever used the official apple charge / sync cable it could be that was faulty causing the damage take that to apple as well.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Level 10: Inspirational

I agree with what has been said regards taking to an Apple store for their opinion.

However, regardless of how it happened, a bent pin is physical damage, and usually won't be covered by warranty, so I understand O2's stance.

ewan