cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't try to fix what ain't broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had been with them for 8 years.2 contracts Approx £50 a month.I had been due an upgrade and my son was starting to run out of data every month.So I visited the o2 shop in Ashington Northumberland. My intention was to give my iphone 5s to my son and increase his data allowance and get the iphone se for myself.I got unlimited calls and texts on his phone sim only,a larger data allowance and as I mainly used voice calls and texts a smaller data package for myself pay monthly.The specific question I asked them was does this allowance start immediately ? I was assured that it did, so away I went quite happily.Three days later I got a text saying my son had gone over his inclusive minutes and owed £160.00. His previous allowance had been 600 minutes a month,which he had never gone over, the only reason he had done so was that I had told him his allowance had been upped.Phoned customer services on three occasions in the next week and was told that I would have to pay it as it was pro rata and a percentage of his old contract up until the 15th of the month.None of this was explained in the shop at 17:10 in the afternoon because if it had been I wouldn't have took the terms.I am convinced that they neglected to tell me this in order to make the sale and finish for the day.Top and bottom of it is that I took my new phone and my sons new sim back within the 14 days. The attitude of the staff was totally opposite to customer services.We will get the charges cancelled they said.I have already agreed to move to EE was my reply. I returned the items and got receipts to prove it.I didn't pay the bill as a matter of principle and Lowell solicitors have obtained a cc judgement + costs because I wouldn't waste my time and energy engaging with them. Moorcroft debt collectors chased me for £480.00 for 3 months the cost of the phone which I had returned in the cooling off period and had a till receipt stating nothing to pay.I had been quite happy at o2 for the 8 previous years and wouldn't have left had they been reasonable about this.At the time my 5 children had o2 accounts now none of them have. I also tell the story at every opportunity that way the £305 I will have to pay doesn't hurt as much.Don't believe a word they tell you without confirming it first.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
And, @Anonymous, as I have said, you'd be wise to double check that any entry has been cancelled. Look at what happened when you took the new contract out. You shouldn't be trusting O2 to be following through on anything.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The debt was purchased from o2 by Lowell solicitors.They have a system in place where they automatically inform the court that it has been paid within the month, and instruct them to cancel the entry on the register.I will give the payment a week to clear the system and contact the court direct to make sure it has been removed.
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The debt was purchased from o2 by Lowell solicitors.They have a system in place where they automatically inform the court that it has been paid within the month, and instruct them to cancel the entry on the register.I will give the payment a week to clear the system and contact the court direct to make sure it has been removed.

Good luck with this @Anonymous and I hope Lowell are far more efficient than O2. 

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know why somebody has posted solved on this ?Could it be that they don't want you reading past the next post.
Message 14 of 14