cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t forget – we’ll give you £100 off any new phone.

sevans99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else had the e-mail "Don’t forget – we’ll give you £100 off any new phone." with a discount code. Just gone to use mine and you only get £50. Been told by chat it's being escalated but somehow think it's not just me.

Annotation 20**Personal info** 133833.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Did you check out in MyO2 first, @sevans99

Did you upgrade to a qualifying handset? 

Screenshot_20200605-185701.jpg

Message 2 of 6

sevans99
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This wasn't an iPhone offer. The text stated:

Get ready to be centre stage
Just in case it’s slipped your mind, come to us direct and you’ll get everything that comes with being a headline act. You may have heard a lot from us recently, but it’s only because we don’t want you to miss out on what’s yours.
Starting with £100 off your new phone
Remember that we’ll give you £100 off any new handset. Come to us direct on one of our custom plans to get the phone you want for less – with no upfront cost. Plus an extra £100 off.

So thats any phone... Checked the small print and there is no condition on this. But the code give's you £50 on Samsung, Sony, Oppo. All tested and the offer stated isn't what you get.

Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Have you got a url or link to the page above, @sevans99?
My limited digging does not show any such current offer on O2 Consumer site. I have not checked O2 Business site yet.

Closest I can find is here - no mention of 100off tho. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

Message 4 of 6

sevans99
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was an e-mail drop direct to me. Looks like the code has been deactivated though as I tried again today and it's invalid

https://o2uk.imicampaign.com/seeemailinfull/EmailServlet?campaignkw=notrack&tid=CC02_159108124209348...

Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Ah, a targeted O2 e-mail campaign, that explains why I could not find it...

Well, with a screenshot of that e-mail and a call to O2, you might be able to get the difference added back to you, if you got stiffed for half the offer. Numbers for O2 in this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support, @sevans99.  O2 Shops are opening up this week (some of them anyway) so you might be able to use the print version in there. Good luck! 

Message 6 of 6