cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy phone insurance from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley FrustratedThis is a bit of a surprise but don't buy phone insurance from O2. My phone replacement is taking at least two weeks with no end in sightDestroy

The whole point of insurance from your phone company is fast replacement.

I recommend a third party insurer now, or get insurance via your bank.

The best part of this scam is if you usually need to start insurance within weeks of getting your new phone. By the time, you discover that the insurance is rubbish, it might be too late....

Here are the details:

I pay £10 a month for the "O2 Premier Plus Insurance" and dropped my phone, cracking the screen.

I phoned O2 reporting the damage, and two weeks later I still don't have a replacement phone with no date in sight. It is not as if my phone (Galaxy Note 3) is out of stock or anything.... It apparently just takes this long!

The whole thing has been an endless series of delays. They took several days to organise a pick up (because of "our current back log"), the courier didn't turn up on the day, and now complete silence.

Beware!

Leo

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

So where would be a good place to warn people off buying phone insurance from O2?

Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
No matter what's put on forums and blogs it's down to the individual to do some basic searching.
Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So where would be a good place to warn people off buying phone insurance from O2?

Hi @Anonymous   It ought not to be a function of this Community to warn people off bying O2 products or services.  Rather we should try to educate them to do the necessary research before making up their own minds.

Gerry

(PS  SOrry  @Anonymous   -did not see your reply beroe posting the above.  Glad we think alike on this.)

Message 23 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anywhere or nowhere - The problem with any campaign such as this is that people will only take so much notice - You might make some people think twice whereas others will take absolutely no notice at all......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 27

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

People invariably decide for themselves whether they want phone insurance and main source is point of sale. You can't unfortunately educate the masses. People still fall for email and telephone scams no matter how well they are publicised.

Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

People invariably decide for themselves whether they want phone insurance and main source is point of sale. You can't unfortunately educate the masses. People still fall for email and telephone scams no matter how well they are publicised.

EDIT -  Insert the words "and Independence" after the word "telephone" above.  Bouncy

Gerry

Message 26 of 27

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

EDIT -  Insert the words "and Independence" after the word "telephone" above.  Bouncy

Gerry

Crazy LOL

Message 27 of 27