cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy phone insurance from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley FrustratedThis is a bit of a surprise but don't buy phone insurance from O2. My phone replacement is taking at least two weeks with no end in sightDestroy

The whole point of insurance from your phone company is fast replacement.

I recommend a third party insurer now, or get insurance via your bank.

The best part of this scam is if you usually need to start insurance within weeks of getting your new phone. By the time, you discover that the insurance is rubbish, it might be too late....

Here are the details:

I pay £10 a month for the "O2 Premier Plus Insurance" and dropped my phone, cracking the screen.

I phoned O2 reporting the damage, and two weeks later I still don't have a replacement phone with no date in sight. It is not as if my phone (Galaxy Note 3) is out of stock or anything.... It apparently just takes this long!

The whole thing has been an endless series of delays. They took several days to organise a pick up (because of "our current back log"), the courier didn't turn up on the day, and now complete silence.

Beware!

Leo

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 11 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Sometimes, by the time they search the forum it's too late slight_frown

Agree with that comment @jonsie the search box at the top of the page is useless in my opinion.

Even me, pretty well on here all the time, has problems finding stuff using that function....

Thats why I rely on other people to help me....

So another reason I think, why new threads keep starting.

For instance...just type in iPhone 6.....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 say they want to provide a high qulaity service at all times (see the extract below from one of their insurance T&Cs) so if anyone is dissatisfied with the service they are getting - there are clear steps that can and perhaps should be taken.

Gerry

22. Complaint Procedures

We are dedicated to providing You with a high quality service, and want to maintain this at all

times. If You feel that We have not offered You a fi rst class service or You wish to make an enquiry

regarding a Claim made on Your policy, please call O2 on +44 (0) 844 875 2302 (free of charge

from an O2 phone or charged at the national rate from a landline), or write to Us by email at

O2.customersupport@2020mobile.com or by letter addressed to O2 Customer Relations Manager,

20:20 Insurance Services Ltd, Weston Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6BU, clearly stating Your name,

address, phone number and customer account number.

If You remain dissatisfi ed with Our response, You can approach the Financial Ombudsman Service

(FOS) for assistance. The FOS contact details are FOS, South Quay, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR

Phone: 0800 023 4567 Email: complaint.info@fi nancial-ombudsman.org.uk.

Message 13 of 27

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Seems that that's what's happened in this instance. Lodge a complaint by all means, but don't expect much in the way of a positive reply.

Does O2 insurance get paid monthly or do you have to pay yearly? If the former, the OP should cancel once they get their phone back and find a better policy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 27

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Agree with that comment @jonsie the search box at the top of the page is useless in my opinion.

Even me, pretty well on here all the time, has problems finding stuff using that function....

Thats why I rely on other people to help me....

So another reason I think, why new threads keep starting.

For instance...just type in iPhone 6.....Smiley Mad

Whilst I concur with the views expressed above, my view (OK I am a fussy, over-cautious old codger etc etc)  is that the time for research is BEFORE buying expensive goods and services, and Insurance can be very expensive.  The information is there for the taking, but if it is not then it is relatively easy to get in touch with O2 direct, or post questions in this Forum.  I know that oneof the questions I always want a clear answer to before I part with my money include - "What happens if something goes wrong?" and I like to see the answer in writing from the vendor.

Gerry 

Message 17 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Indeed...However... I personally did NOT buy insurance from O2..or this forum.

My bank emailed me with an offer for free worldwide travel insurance and phone insurance. It also included an offer for using my card abroad with no costs...so obviously I went for that...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

My bank emailed me with an offer for free ......

@Cleoriff   Wow! I am impressed. One lesson I have learned in life is that Banks do NOT offer anything to anybody "for free".  I do hope you examined not just the small print but also searched thoroughly between the lines and then looked bewteen the letters with a high powered magnifier.!

Me?  A cynic?  Never!  Bouncy

Gerry

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.)

(PS Sorry for dragging this off topic - mea culpa!)
Message 19 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousI should have put building society there (but bank was quicker to type)...and it is probably because I have been with this building society since we bought our house 44 years ago......

AND we are recognised as 'good customers'....

So it possibly proves that loyalty does pay....sometimes....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 27