Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Does O2 Pay Monthly allow temporary suspension of account?

Hello all ,

I am about to go for a 3months vacation overseas so i was just wondering , is it possible for my o2 pay monthly to be temporarily suspended so i don't have to pay for that 3 months ? Thanks .
Highlighted
Anonymous

The answer would be NO as common pratice. But give them a call explain your situation.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Some 3rd company companies provide this service. I don't think the networks direct do.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Does O2 Pay Monthly allow temporary suspension of accoun

Hello all ,
I am about to go for a 3months vacation overseas so i was just wondering , is it possible for my o2 pay monthly to be temporarily suspended so i don't have to pay for that 3 months ? Thanks .

No its not possible sorry.
Highlighted
Anonymous

how about if i am going abroad for three months and switch off my phone and put my sim card out, means the phone and the sim won't be used for three months, is that ok? will the sim card will be deactivate if it's inactive for about 3 months or more?

another question, what happen if i am unable to pay my direct debit for a month? will the unpaid balance will be carry to the next month? i'm afraid i don't have enough balance to pay off my direct debit next month. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,453

how about if i am going abroad for three months and switch off my phone and put my sim card out, means the phone and the sim won't be used for three months, is that ok? will the sim card will be deactivate if it's inactive for about 3 months or more?
another question, what happen if i am unable to pay my direct debit for a month? will the unpaid balance will be carry to the next month? i'm afraid i don't have enough balance to pay off my direct debit next month. Smiley Sad

Your contract will still be in place and the direct debit will try and take each month. You really don't want to do that as o2 will bar your phone as you will be in breach of your terms and conditions with these debts being recorded on your credit file. I strongly advise you to speak to customer service - its free from your phone. Explain the situation to them before the direct debit declines and perhaps they have a system in place that covers your present circumstances.
Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks stevyjones for the reply,

i realised o2 always deduct money from my bank account on the same date, i guess i have to make sure my balance is enough to pay my monthly contract.

about the inactive sim card, i'll still be able to use it once i get to the uk right?

thanks in advance. :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,453

Yes it will be fine as long as your account is up to date.
Highlighted
Anonymous

dear steve,

cheers mate.

kind regards,
adam Smiley Surprised
Highlighted
Anonymous

id be amazed if they cant sort something out, ive heard of people going away on long duty leaves for army service and having their contract suspended Smiley Indifferent