Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need a bolt on for 4G now?

Whiteadder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And is this a new development since I got this new phone last December? Never needed a bolt on for this. Have they started introducing additional charges for 4G now?

I'm just wondering if this is the reason why I can no longer connect to 4G following the unneccesary sim swap, after the assistant erronousnly tried to upgrade the wrong number.

All I can find is the terms and conditions here. No sign of the actual bolt on.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/4g-access-bolt-on-terms-and-conditions

And Oh look: "18. O2 reserves the right to change or withdraw this Bolt On at any time."

Are they trying to kick people off the 4G network because they're overloaded or something? Is there a conspiracy here..

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No bolt on required, but it does need to be enabled and no conspiracy (how often do we hear that, lol).

It's just an unfortunate mess up on your account or even a faulty sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No bolt on required, but it does need to be enabled and no conspiracy (how often do we hear that, lol).

It's just an unfortunate mess up on your account or even a faulty sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Whiteadder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Faulty sim card has been ruled out, although I'm willing to try a new one. They gave me a new one to take away.

If no bolt on is required for 4G then why are there terms and conditions on their website for a 4G bolt on? Destroy

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Historical, that, like most things, have not been updated.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92924 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It just seems like a carry-over from the sim and account mess, it needs switching on by O2 for your account. A bolt on isn't necessary these days as all tariffs include 4G.

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It does mention 2013 in that link....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92924 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It does mention 2013 in that link....

And some people still are't able to get 4G in their area wink

Message 7 of 8

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a similar experience and had to call 202 a few times to sort it out but they got there in the end. The 4g was not working on my original sim which had been given the number of the new sim instead of the other way round and I was sent another sim to sort it out. It took a few days and was all very frustrating but it's all back to normal now (I think):upside_down:

P.S. keep an eye on your bank as they did charge me for the other sim which was activated with the wrong number and I had to be refunded.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 8 of 8