Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Do customer services ever reply?

Hi
New forum member here and am absolutely livid with O2 right now. I don't think I've come across a more inept company with such low regard for their customers :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad:
The story goes:
I used to work for a company where I had a mobile phone paid for me (via O2), I left that company for a new one where this perk wasn't given so I took out a new contract in my name with O2.
I had a nice shiny new Blackberry to replace my old one and temporarily had both phones, one with the old number I wanted to keep and one with a new number.
My old company were very nice and paid nearly £300 to pay up the old contract so that I could keep my number. O2 told ME that as I'm staying with O2 that no PAC code was needed, but told my company that one was needed. It took 3 WEEKS for this to be sorted.
This came thru a week ago. I was told on Thursday that the transfer would happen within a couple of days and I may be without service for a "few hours".
At 9:30am on Friday I lost service on both phones. "Ah, looks like the transfer is happening now". A few hours went by and nothing. A few more and still nothing. I emailed O2 late on Friday afternoon asking how long this was likely to take as it was beyond a few hours, "oh this will take up to 24 hours, don't worry".
On Saturday morning I was waiting for a phone call to arrange the installation of a phoneline and broadband at my new house. So was totally out of contact with the outside world.
24 hours came and went. Still no service on either phone.
48 hours passed.
Then overnight on Sunday something happened. Only what happened wasn't what I was expecting!
My old number that I no longer wanted was still dead, good.
My new number that I wanted to keep was still active, good.
Sadly, it was active on my OLD phone, not the one I was wanting to keep, bad!
So another large exchange of emails with O2 commenced on Monday but never really getting there. No-one basically understood that they had simply assigned the right number to the wrong phone.
But it is now almost 2 days since O2 last replied to me to try and help get to the bottom of this. Obviously their cribsheets doesn't seem to cover a problem of their own making and it has confused the poor folk who are employed to ignore their customers. I think this speaks volumes about the company and their attitude to customers. #### I dread to think how little they'll bother helping me a year or more from now.
Ah well. That is my venting done. I couldn't care less now. It's only £25 a month paying for a plastic brick. A lesson has been learned here - go to a company who care about their customers in the future :robotsad:
Anonymous

Re: Do customer services ever reply?

Why don't you just put the SIM from your old phone in the new one? The number is attached to the SIM not the phone.
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

It is always best to deal with the uk based customer services on the phone rather than over email (outsourced overseas).

I would ring them to get this sorted.
Failing that if after you have tried all routes of customer service Email and phone, raise the issue with the complaint review service details on the support pages of the main website just search complain.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Why don't you just put the SIM from your old phone in the new one? The number is attached to the SIM not the phone.

I have done. Get texts and web fine. But no email. That was one of the questions I have been asking which they can't #### reply to :robotmad:
Anonymous

Failing that if after you have tried all routes of customer service Email and phone, raise the issue with the complaint review service details on the support pages of the main website just search complain.

Yep, gone down those routes. Hadn't spotted that one. That is my next port of call then Smiley Happy Thank you!
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

I thought it was supposed to 4 working days for a reply.
Anonymous

I thought it was supposed to 4 working days for a reply.

Within 48 hours. But the previous dozen or so messages had been replied to within an hour or two. Maybe they set the bar a little too high there then?!
Anonymous

I have done. Get texts and web fine. But no email. That was one of the questions I have been asking which they can't #### reply to :robotmad:

Check the signal on the phone, if it shows GPRS, 3G or EDGE in caps then it's ok on the network you need to update your device on the blackberry email server by logging on to your o2email account. If it shows in lowercase then o2 need to add blackberry on for you. Hope you get it sorted.
Anonymous

Check the signal on the phone, if it shows GPRS, 3G or EDGE in caps then it's ok on the network you need to update your device on the blackberry email server by logging on to your o2email account. If it shows in lowercase then o2 need to add blackberry on for you. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks! But the signal is perfectly fine here. After going down the complaint route as mentioned above they've got someone else on the case and looks like it will finally be sorted this morning Smiley Very Happy
Thanks all!
Anonymous

Thanks! But the signal is perfectly fine here. After going down the complaint route as mentioned above they've got someone else on the case and looks like it will finally be sorted this morning Smiley Very Happy
Thanks all!

If you reread that it doesn't ask whether the signal is poor. It asks whether the connection shows in caps or lower case and tells you what you need to do in either case.