cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do O2 send the free Samsung tablet separately, or do I have to redeem through Samsung?

CodeSeven
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all.

I thought I had solved this by finding the redemption URL at samsung.com, but now I'm confused again, so clarification on the process would be really helpful (seeing as O2 doesn't bother to explain it).

I ordered the Z-Fold 4 (with the free Galaxy Tab A6 Lite offer), and it has been delivered. Nothing else was delivered - just the phone.

On the order tracking page, it says that it's "on its way to me" and hasn't been delivered, and also this:

"Your order has been split into more than one package. The following details relate to the first package, which will contain the most important parts of your order. The other items in your order will be dispatched shortly."

Does this mean that they're sending the free tablet and the free Samsung Note Pack separately? Should I attempt to redeem them through samsung.com or wait? Does anyone know what the normal process is?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CodeSeven 

The Samsung freebies are only available by redemption from the Samsung claims site or through the members app on your phone.

O2 may be sending the sim out separately or something else you ordered?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CodeSeven 

The Samsung freebies are only available by redemption from the Samsung claims site or through the members app on your phone.

O2 may be sending the sim out separately or something else you ordered?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

CodeSeven
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I didn't order anything else, so I'm not sure what else they're supposedly sending me! I didn't order a new SIM, as I'm just transferring from one phone to another.

Are you saying that I can order the Samsung freebies through the "My O2" app more easily? The Samsung redemption site is asking for an invoice, which I don't have, and from what I've read, is difficult to get hold of.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CodeSeven 

No, the Samsung Members app.

You can download the invoice from your MyO2.

Just follow this guide and look for My Documents on the last page you get to. 

Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

CodeSeven
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5. I'll look up the members app and see if that's easier.

The only recent document I have in "My Documents" is the CCA document. Am I right in thinking that Samsung will want a proper invoice?

Message 5 of 9

CodeSeven
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry @MI5 - more questions!

What is the O2 members app called? I installed O2 Priorities, but can't see any way to claim the free tablet.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CodeSeven 

Samsung members app.

Should be preinstalled on your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.voc&hl=en

See the "Benefits" tab for the free offers.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

CodeSeven
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your help with this @MI5. I think tonight I'll redeem through the standard Samsung URL and send them the CCA, and hope for the best!

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CodeSeven 

You can also ask O2 to send you an invoice if you can't find it in your docs.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9