Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Mobilephonesdirect contracts come with o2 roaming inclusive zone

loudo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I opted for a new contract through mobile phones direct (part of AO mobile) and at the time was under the impression that the inclusive zone roaming would be included (it is a 100gb contract), but looking in my account this doesn't seem to be the case (only the EU bolt-on is showing), was I wrong?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@loudo 

Yes it should be included as it's an integral part of the tariff.

What bolt ons have you got?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@loudo  O2 Travel Inclusive is only available on Refresh or some sim only contracts.

Only buying from O2 directly would give you a Refresh contract.

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

My contract, nearly at an end, was taken out through MPD, @loudo, and these bolt-ons were retained as part of renewal:

Screenshot_20201121-215145.jpg

Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@pgn 

Was this an upgrade or a new contract? Also is yours a standard 2 year contract or Refresh?

I ask, as the guide I posted quite clearly states that Travel Inclusive is only available on Refresh and some sim only contracts with O2?

O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone

Going outside of Europe? Good news. With our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On, available on selected O2 Refresh and sim only tariffs, you can get inclusive data roaming in 27 international destinations. And if you’re going beyond our Inclusive Zone you can still subscribe to our full O2 Travel Bolt On for £4.99 a day in selected destinations.

Edit for info...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

My current standard contract was an upgrade at the end of an O2 Refresh Contract taken out with O2 in Jan-17, and renewed in Jan-19 through MPD (as MPD is a reseller, they cannot offer O2 Refresh Contracts, as you mentioned above, @Cleoriff). 

It's a 25GB Plan, with a 3X multiplier, effectively 75GB/month.

I think both bolt-ons, as well as being available on selected O2 Refresh Tariffs, are also available through resellers on selected Standard tariffs. Or they were back in Jan-2019.

(edited for grammar) 

Message 6 of 13

loudo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is a new 2-year standard contract. The guide states that but there are several non-refresh contracts that include it, there is also another web page that suggests that standard contracts feature it (if they have a substantial enough data allowance). See examples below too (apologies if the images break any rules).Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 22.18.48.png

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 22.23.57.png

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@loudo 

Then ignore my post rofl

Also thanks for posting the image. It helps a lot.

I honestly wasn't aware it was available on third party sellers non refresh contracts.

You need to contact O2 or Mobile phones direct to query why it isn't included. All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

loudo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll try again tomorrow, I chatted to someone using the chat page earlier but they assumed I wanted to know about the rates in certain countries as opposed to whether the inclusive zone bolt-on should be available (or maybe they were indirectly trying to say that it isn't included). I haven't opened the phone box yet (I've only used the sim in my old phone for 5 minutes), so it might be easier to just return it and reorder (I only ordered on the 18th/ received it today), elsewhere if need be.

Message 9 of 13

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

It is all a bit misleading, @Cleoriff.

And yes, @loudo, call MPD and ask why they missed it - and then O2 to get it added if MPD can't do that for you. It should appear in your MyO2 "bolt-ons" section once applied. In fact, it may already be there as a bolt-on you can add yourself, a bit like the standard O2 Travel bolt-on below on my MyO2:

Screenshot_20201121-224854.jpg

Message 10 of 13