cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to pay a deposit and pass the credit check?

SuperUser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was looking for an iPad pro for my designs but don't have the best credit, I looked on the site and went to checkout for a pay monthly iPad pro, at around £38 a month. I entered my details and it asked me to pay a £600 deposit, which I don't mind doing as its around 2/3 the price brand new and I can have it refunded in 3 months time, but will I still need to pass the check?

I'd rather not have my funds held by my bank for close to a week if it'll just be rejected, so i'm basically asking if the deposit works as a security because of my poor credit rating. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SuperUser 

Yes, the deposit is security and if you pay ontime it will build your credit rating.

The deposit is because of the credit check, so that's now been done and won't be done again for this contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SuperUser 

Yes, the deposit is security and if you pay ontime it will build your credit rating.

The deposit is because of the credit check, so that's now been done and won't be done again for this contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

SuperUser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, that's great to know, ill be buying if that's the case.
Message 3 of 3