Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Do I need PAC code if staying with the O2 network?

I'm filing in an online order for a Samsung Omnia B7610 with mobilephones.net. I'm currently with O2 paymonthly £15 and out of contract. Mobilephones.net makes no reference to my requiring a PAC code.

But when I dial 202 for O2 to check the message tells me that my mobile phone is managed by an independent service providor - that is carphone warehouse. I know that I will have to sit on the phone for ages before an answer at CPW. Anyone know if I will need my PAC code if I now buy through mobilephones.net?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, if you want to keep your number you'll need to get a pac code and then call o2 direct's customer services and give it to them so the number can be transferred over.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am on the phone at the moment and he's telling me i need to write in and he is doing his best to keep me hanging on! better deals... let me check notes again... have you spoken to loyalty... yes i don't want to ever again! now put me on to listenig to music again!

I was going to go on to O2 network with different seller but this has made up my mind - once i finally get this dam PAC code I will look for any providor but O2!

Finally giving me address but no now I have to wait for him to generate disconnection number. So listenig to music again. :robotmad:

Finally! address and disconnection number.
Highlighted
Anonymous

But you aren't currently with O2, you're with Carphone Warehouse's version of O2. I don't see why your experience with Carphone Warehouse should colour your opinion of O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

When I ring the number 0870 111 7200 the message tells me it's O2 customer services from there on as far as I am concerned I'm talking to O2. They have out sourced it to CPW so in my book that means they are O2's representatives.

But yes thanks for pointing it out. I'd forgotten my dealings with CPW shops in the past.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah you're with 'o2 at the carphone warehouse' which has very little to do with o2 other than it piggy backs off thier network and utilises their name.
They still use the old school process of having you write in to cancel, something you haven't needed to do with o2 direct for a long time.
Thankfully they no longer accept new customers, o2 now take on everybody direct, even from carphone warehouse.
As prking said, I wouldn't let them colour your opinion of o2. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

When I ring the number 0870 111 7200 the message tells me it's O2 customer services from there on as far as I am concerned I'm talking to O2. They have out sourced it to CPW so in my book that means they are O2's representatives.
But yes thanks for pointing it out. I'd forgotten my dealings with CPW shops in the past.

O2 haven't outsourced anything to Carphone Warehouse. CPW are your service provider, not O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay guys thanks for clarifying things. Otherwise after today I was going to switch to the orange network for my Samsung becuase I couldn't face being messed around again in 18mths time all for the sake of a PAC code.

So for the moment I should just reserve my ire for CPW.

Better get on with writing my letter of request to PAC Requests Southampton which no doubt will get binned. :robotmad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay guys thanks for clarifying things. Otherwise after today I was going to switch to the orange network for my Samsung becuase I couldn't face being messed around again in 18mths time all for the sake of a PAC code.
So for the moment I should just reserve my ire for CPW.
Better get on with writing my letter of request to PAC Requests Southampton which no doubt will get binned. :robotmad:

I'd send it recorded delivery. When I left them I just popped my letter in the post which they kept saying they hadn't received. I was then told I should have sent it recorded delivery so after saying...
"Hold on, do you want me to write another letter? Have I got to go to the post office now? I have to wait for it to be received again? Is that what you're telling me to do?!"
The guy on the phone simply said "emm...two seconds...*tap tap tap* ok I've requested it, you'll get it within 24 hours" So, they're basically making it difficult as a tactic to get you to stay Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

By some miracle of miracles letter posted with proof of posting on Tuesday and PAC code received next day at 3.15pm! I am speechless.

Am now to next challenge perusing U-switch to work out the best deal that I can get and there are so may varitions. One thing I do know is that I'm not interested in the Free gifts I just want the best deal on the contract that I can get. Still shame O2 don't sell it. Smiley Sad