Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I keep replacement iPhone X - free screen replacement

Strayfe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have made a claim using my “free screen replacement” and was told the claim was successful. I was also told I was getting a replacement iPhone with the exact same specs, colour, etc.

My question is:

Do I keep this replacement iPhone forever (which I’m okay with) or do I keep it until they have repaired the screen of my current iPhone and then give it back, swap again?

I would prefer to just keep this replacement iPhone since it is the same exact one as my current one.

Do I keep the replacement phone or not? Do I have to give it back at some point?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If they have agreed to replace the phone then you keep it. They don't lend phones until they repair a screen, the replacement is yours to keep. They will then recondition yours and supply it to someone else who needs to make a claim so the phone they supply you is yours for good unless you don't accept i It will be a reconditioned phone so inspect it well.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If they have agreed to replace the phone then you keep it. They don't lend phones until they repair a screen, the replacement is yours to keep. They will then recondition yours and supply it to someone else who needs to make a claim so the phone they supply you is yours for good unless you don't accept i It will be a reconditioned phone so inspect it well.

Message 2 of 6

Strayfe
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do you know whether or not the replacement phone will have scratches, marks, etc? Or will it look brand new even though it is reconditioned..
or does it just depend on what’s in stock?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It largely depends on what's in stock but it shouldn't be a car crash!
If it's really bad, you can refuse it or exchange it again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Strayfe
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh okay that’s good I suppose. Hopefully I get a good replacement.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It largely depends on what's in stock but it shouldn't be a car crash!
If it's really bad, you can refuse it or exchange it again.

^^^^^^ what he said 👍

Message 6 of 6