cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diverting incoming calls while I'm abroad - monthly contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if anyone can clarify this. I have just had a very confusing live chat with an O2 person, and I don't think he understands the question - I suspect they are in an overseas call-centre

I'm going abroad soon, and want to divert all my incoming calls to a UK landline number while I'm away. Will I be charged for receiving those calls as if abroad, or do those diverted calls come out of my usual tariff ?

I can use a divert code to do the diversion (**21* NUMBER SEND), and want to divert just as I leave the UK. I probably won't turn the phone on again until I return. 
Now in that case, O2 won't know that I'm away, will they? So no international charges can be applied.

However, If I wanted to call family when I'm away and switched on the phone, might I get charged for the diverted calls at that point ? I don't think so, and don't see why I should. 

But am I taking too simple a view here ?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There is a similar query a little while ago. I set my call forwarding to my Skype landline number recently whist away, however I didn't get any calls so I'm optimistic that it should work but not 100% sure.

Anyway, have a look through this thread and also the link to O2IE :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Call-Forwarding-amp-Roaming/m-p/322462/highlight/t...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Your right regard O2 chat, there based in India.

Answer to your question tho is one that of a confusing answer.

I've diverted my calls before and the divert came out of my minuets, how ever I know that some of my friends have done the same and they we're charged for the call divert charge.

There is no real answer and to be honest if you rant O2 customer care, u will get a different answer every time.

Not the answer you want I'm afraid, but at present I don't think there is one.

Sorry

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There is a similar query a little while ago. I set my call forwarding to my Skype landline number recently whist away, however I didn't get any calls so I'm optimistic that it should work but not 100% sure.

Anyway, have a look through this thread and also the link to O2IE :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Call-Forwarding-amp-Roaming/m-p/322462/highlight/t...

Message 3 of 3