cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diverting calls remotely

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I'm on a Pay Monthly tarriff and have left my phone at home. 

Can someone remind me how I can dial into my phone from a work landline to divert my calls to my work landline.  I'm sure I've done this before and the guru doesn't seem to know.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Customer service can put a divert on remotely but I'm not aware it's anything the customer can do themselves remotely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I'm not sure you can set up any call divert without having your mobile to do it. This is all I could find... http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=13448

If it can be done then I'm sure someone will advise you further... Sorry..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this, but sadly, they don't work.  So frustrating I'm sure I've done it remotely before.

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Customer service can put a divert on remotely but I'm not aware it's anything the customer can do themselves remotely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This used to be impossible only by ringing customer services will you find out if it can be done . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Guru told me that I need my phone with me "due to security" so its a no go i'm told.  Thanks for all trying to help.

Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The Guru told me that I need my phone with me "due to security" so its a no go i'm told.  Thanks for all trying to help.

Thought that might be the case....Note to @Anonymous 'Must remember my mobile' Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's quite refreshing that in this modern world, where the mobile phone can only be removed from the hand by a complicated surgical procedue, someone could actually forget their mobile 📱 Well done that man! 

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a lady actually, but yes an odd position to be in.  Quite enjoying the peace now!

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

rofl

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16