cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diverting calls from iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My local cell is down at the moment, has been for a week and its very frustrating, so I've bought a VF PayGo SIM to cover me while I'm waiting for o2 to fix it.

Trouble is I can't sem to divert my calls onto the VF SIM

Tried using the iPhone built in Call Forwarding function, doesn't work. Also tried the **21* method with number in various forms 0777... 0044777... 44777... 777... none of them work, just says registration failed.

Anyone know what the exact format is and/or if there's any way of doing it online or through customer services?  I'm actually a Tesco customer, but they're clueless on this sort of stuff.

In case anyone from the radio team is reading the cell in question in is Wantage OX12

Regards

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I do not think call diverts work on payg only on pay monthly.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Go/call-forwarding/m-p/31876#M611
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I tried Tesco again and actually found someone who understood a bit about the network.

Basically as the Tesco service is a budget one they've not supported things like Call Waiting, Forwarding etc. Obviously their VMNO deal with O2 is cut down to the minimum. I am pay monthly with Tesco.

IMHO networks like o2 shouldn't really ever not offer this, after all I'm now stuck thanks to their network fault with they're fixing only very slowly, yet I'm prepared to take on the cost of working around it (buying the VF SIM, paying for the diverted calls) if only they'd let me.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know PAYG SIMS do not offer diverting to another number and this applies across all networks.

Message 5 of 5