cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied with Sony z3 compact - is there any way I can get a new phone????

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my first phone/contract with O2 mid-end of Oct this year. I was with virgin mobile for over 8 years but I wasn't happy with Internet and mobile signal in my area. So when I decided to change my mobile provider I also decided to find a cheaper deal from what I was paying.

After reading different feedback and reviews I chose Sony Xperia Z3 compact. I was really looking forward to try the new camera and blablabla. However I'm very disappointed with it, the camera is rubbish and I can't use it at night. I tried to download different apps but doesn't work. I've started to hate my phone and becoming anxious with the fact I still need to pay for another 22 month for it.

Can someone tell me if there is any way way for me to change my contract and pay more for and get a new phone?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
If on refresh you can pay off the phone cost so it's yours. You can then sell it and buy another phone to use with your airtime tariff or just upgrade immediately to a new phone and tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
If on refresh you can pay off the phone cost so it's yours. You can then sell it and buy another phone to use with your airtime tariff or just upgrade immediately to a new phone and tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You won't get a better camera for the cost of the Z3 compact tbh.
Tbh I highly rate the camera inside them and have managed to capture orbiting satellites in detail using digital zoom alone.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rubbish Z3 Compact camera? My partner has this handset and in my opinion takes exceptional pictures.

You may want to check you resolution settings, HDR settings, flash etc.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I am hoping the Z3 camera isn't rubbish! I have bought this for one of my sons for Christmas...He is no photography buff but enjoys taking pictures. Also the phone was recommended by someone who knows a 'fair bit' about the Z3......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
I was always under the impression they were good cameras. My Z1 is excellent.
Maybe the OP has a fault with theirs that needs Sony to take a look at?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samsung & Sony produce some of the best smartphone cameras imo, much clearer & detailed than any iPhone or HTC

Message 7 of 7