Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus problem

Jamiejacko
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I mistakenly added Disney plus to my account. I thought I was just linking my account to Disney plus that I had already signed up for. Now it’s charged me on my bill as well as my credit card I had all ready paid for. I called o2 they said I can remove it myself but this is not an option? How do I cancel this?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jamiejacko 

You  have to go to the Disney site to cancel

All info here about cancelling subscription

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=ba2afc52db23401860f3eacb1396195a 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Jamiejacko
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This does not work either. Directs you back to o2. I believe it’s because there is a 6 months contract but this was not clear and surely must be a cooling off period. I called o2 they said cancel in the app but there is definitely no option.
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jamiejacko 

You should be able to cancel an extra via My O2. See this info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/extras 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Jamiejacko
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No option to cancel this via my o2 shows as been there as an extra but no option to cancel.
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then you have to persevere with customer services unfortunately @Jamiejacko 

I know you are frustrated as are we.... but we can only keep repeating the advice from our forum managers. As I said, we are customers like you and are helping here in these stressful times.

Best of luck anyway. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Kirsty3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I also done the same thing thinking it would add onto my already existing account. Did you manage to work out how to remove it from your o2 bill?

Message 7 of 11

idc
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just did this too. I can’t believe it’s still a problem that people are stumbling into after a over a month.

The wording is poor, because it implies that if you’ve already subscribed to Disney+ directly with Disney, you can still get the discount with O2. It’s not quite that simple, especially if you’ve taken out a yearly subscription.

The advice seems to be “call Disney+”, taking a refund on what’s left of my 12-month subscription with them, rather than backing out of the erroneous six-month subscription with O2.

Thanks, O2. 😒
Message 8 of 11

damon_england
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/extras/disney-plus

You can cancel your Extra at any point in My O2.

If you have chosen a free Extra, follow these steps:

1. Log in to My O2 and go to your ‘Account summary’
  2. Press the ‘+’ under the ‘Your Extras’ section
  3. Select ‘Manage this Extra’ on the Extra you’re looking to change
  4. Press the ‘Turn auto-renewal off’ button to cancel your Extra

You can also cancel your free Extra within the My O2 app. Go to ‘Account Summary’ – ‘Manage your account’ – ‘Your Extras’ and follow the same steps outlined above.

If you have chosen Disney+ as a paid Extra, you’ll need to commit for a minimum of six months. You will be able to cancel your Disney+ Extra after the initial six months. Follow the steps above, after your minimum term, to cancel your Disney+ Extra.

You can also contact us and we'll help you cancel your Extra.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Community guide here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11