Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney offer resulted in cancelling disney

JohnP1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was sent an offer for free Disney for 6months, so applied for it to replace my existing paid for subscription.  The result is my Disney account has been cancelled.... despite having already paid for this month!... the free offer resulted in me having something I had paid for removed !

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

The offer starts from the day you activate it

You can't tag it on the end of the month you paid for

Message 2 of 14

JohnP1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my existing subscription, which is paid for, was cancelled.... the new subscription does not exist, and according to the help line is not possible to enable.  I am now left without out Disney for Christmas, despite paying for it..

Message 3 of 14

Donna12
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this exact same problem and my kids are not happy that they can’t access Disney+, especially as I had just paid for the next mo th! I have not seen any solutions that fix this yet.  Very annoyed about this

Message 4 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10141 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@JohnP1 @Donna12 

You need to speak to Disney direct, as they are the only ones that can change this.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 14

Donna12
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted Disney but Disney advised that as the promotion is from O2 and O2 supplied the link, then it’s O2’s issue to fix and Disney can’t help 😟

Message 6 of 14

madasaf1sh
  • 10141 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Donna12 

Sorry but a load of tosh, the offer can't be stacked that is the only caveat, but it shouldn't cancel an existing subscription. All o2 do is provide the code that Disney provide. 

O2 can't do anything about cancelled current subscriptions, so sounds like Disney are pushing their issue back to o2 rather than fix it.... 

Message 7 of 14

Donna12
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just seen on the O2 Facebook page that there is an issue that is affecting customers redeeming this offer and O2 are hoping to get that fixed by Friday.  Sounds like an o2 issue so I’ll keep trying and hope it’s fixed as stated on facebook

Message 8 of 14

madasaf1sh
  • 10141 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

Or it could be that o2 are giving Disney a kick up the **** to fix it,,,,

Message 9 of 14

JohnP1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

seems like an O2 issue to me, which is what the O2 support team said when I called them. 

My contract is with O2, so no reason why Disney would get involved.  Within minutes of agreeing to the free contract with O2, O2 sent me an email cancelling my existing contract, but made a dead link available on their website to active the new one.  Seems like an O2 bug, maybe a bad URL on the website...

Hopefully they fix it soon, and refund money paid for the service they cancelled without notice.

Message 10 of 14