Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney offer resulted in cancelling disney

JohnP1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was sent an offer for free Disney for 6months, so applied for it to replace my existing paid for subscription.  The result is my Disney account has been cancelled.... despite having already paid for this month!... the free offer resulted in me having something I had paid for removed !

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yet another poorly thought out O2 promotion

It is DEFINITELY an O2 problem, just why they thought their antiquated servers would cope is beyond me!

Message 11 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

Unless Disney have bought VMo2, then all you have bought is a Phone Contract with o2 and a promotional code provided by Disney, this code is provided by Disney to o2

All o2 do, is pass the details to Disney and then Disney activate the offer, Disney SHOULD not be cancelling paid plans.. 

To be honest I think o2 should just make it a paid for extra with cross billing to Disney and discount it, as I'm sure its not worth all this hassle.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 14

Mark36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been waiting 3 days to activate this offer.  Massive own goal by O2.  They're a comms business and it takes them 4 days to fix a simple app issue.  

Message 13 of 14

JohnP1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sadly, this does not seem to be how it works ... my contact has only been with O2, they are the retail point.... who after agreeing to the free offer, O2 informed me by email that  my previous paid for subscription had been cancelled, but has so far failed to provide a new token to enable the free one.... just get a '404 error', when I try to activate it.

It looks like the feed O2 have to cancel contracts is working, but the feed to active new ones is not.... if they knew this, they could have stopped the promotion, or warned people .. but now out of pocket and no service without even an apology.

Message 14 of 14