Did you mean: 

Disney+ makes bill too high?

Selenafoxx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I recently took out O2's offer of 6 months of Disney+. I'm an existing customer so the deal was as I understood it that I had £2 taken from my bill each month, essentially making Disney+ £3.99 a month for 6 months instead.

However I've just checked my latest bill and it's £25.30. My regular bill is only £18.45 so this doesn't add up at all. Even if you don't take the discount into account, it should be £24.44. But of course, I do want the discount I applied for. Any advice why I'm being charged £6.85 for an upgrade that was only meant to cost me £3ish?? Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Selenafoxx 

We have no access to your account so you need to contact O2 about these extra charges.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Selenafoxx
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I assumed someone would tell me I'd made a mistake on the Disney+ deal and it was my own stupidity. On my o2 it explains the charges are £5.30, then says -£1.71 -- which STILL doesn't add up.

Sadly trying to contact O2 right now via phoning them is a nightmare. Bleh. Thanks anyway!

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Selenafoxx 

You aren't the only one having issues with Disney. We have had numerous posts on here with problems..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Darenn
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My £2 discount hasn't been applied, either. And there is no chance of being able to contact anyone at the moment.
Message 5 of 6

Caz_
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I had the same thing! The £2 wasn't taken off of my bill. Just spoken to customer service live chat on the O2 website. They said they will make sure it does going forward. I hope you were able to contact them about yours by now

But the weird part is the extra amount and I know why (though don't understand it).  Disney Plus is £5.99 and they're including that figure as before VAT. So I was charged £7.19 for Disney plus instead of £3.99 as advertised.

It shouldn't have any VAT added on as it is advertised as £5.99 and is that price through disney itself; this error is overcharging. Hope they fix it soon.

Awful.

Message 6 of 6