Did you mean: 

Disney+ SMS

Smammzi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did anyone else receive this sms from O2:

"Embrace your inner hero with Ant-Man and get the greatest movie franchises, all in one place.

Enjoy Disney+ on us for 6 months

Just text 'DISNEY' to 21500.

RRP £5.99/month after 6 months. Ends 21st July. Cancel anytime. Max 1 Extra per customer. 18+. Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220."

I checked in My O2 and there only seemed to be offers for £2 off the bill if I wanted that extra...however, the sms said 'on us'... So I followed the instructions and text the number to find out more... This was the reply I got:

"Hi. Thanks for getting in touch about our Disney+ Extra offer.

However, at this time it looks like you're not eligible for this offer.

We're sorry for any disappointment."

I'm a little disappointed, yes... Why did I get a message like that in the first place to then receive a response saying I'm not eligible.... Surely they'd only send messages to those that are eligible?!

Hmmmmm.... Thoughts?

🙂
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
hi @Smammzi,

Did you recently upgrade or take out a new connection by any chance? The offer of 6 months free is only available when you upgrade your contract. If you did, then I would advise to contact customer services on this matter to fix the error.

if you haven't upgraded recently, then I can only assume that it has been sent by error unfortunately, but you still get the chance to have £2 off on your airtime if you take on Disney plus!

Just as a reminder, I've given you customer service numbers below,

202 on your o2 device
0344 809 0202 on landline

I hope this helps and I wanted to welcome you to the o2 community!!

thanks
will

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @Smammzi 

Sorry about this, can you private message me your details? I can then forward this on to the right department so they can investigate it for you.

signature
Message 2 of 10

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
hi @Smammzi,

Did you recently upgrade or take out a new connection by any chance? The offer of 6 months free is only available when you upgrade your contract. If you did, then I would advise to contact customer services on this matter to fix the error.

if you haven't upgraded recently, then I can only assume that it has been sent by error unfortunately, but you still get the chance to have £2 off on your airtime if you take on Disney plus!

Just as a reminder, I've given you customer service numbers below,

202 on your o2 device
0344 809 0202 on landline

I hope this helps and I wanted to welcome you to the o2 community!!

thanks
will
Message 3 of 10

Smammzi
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Will.

Not upgraded for quite a few years; had quite an ordeal with the handset through CPWarehouse so have stuck with my old Sony X!!!

I'm guessing it might be an error. I spotted the other offer in the offers section of my My O2 and did think it was somehow in conjunction with this offer but the wording was different; couldn't get a message to any advisors due to the current situation though.

Thanks for the CS numbers, the welcome and the advice 🙂

Keep safe.

Smammzi
Message 4 of 10

Rooknight
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I also got this message and the same response, I was skeptical because I haven't upgraded but it is a bit annoying to have received this anyway, it seems as though this message is a wider error?
Message 5 of 10

Amysoutham
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have received this as well! Not happy that new customers are offered this added extra for free but the people stuck in contracts have to pay! The text read
“Grab Disney+ on us for 6 months and fly with Ant-Man and all your other favourite superheroes.

Just text 'DISNEY' to 21500

RRP £5.99/month after 6 months. Ends 21st July. Cancel anytime. Max 1 Extra per customer. 18+. Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220”
Message 6 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

There is currently a free Disney offer on priority though. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

AGray
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I got the same text today as these people mention, but upgraded about 6 months ago. 

“Enjoy Disney+, on us for 6 months.

It's just to say thanks for being with O2. Bring home the ultimate in entertainment for the whole family this Christmas.

Simply text DISNEY to 21500.

RRP £7.99 p/m after 6 mths. Ends 2 Jan. Cancel anytime. 18+. Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220”

Again I looked on my account and it only has the Disney+ you can pay for. Is this a real offer, an error or a fake spam message? 
thanks 

Message 8 of 10

DamoSim
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Karl

Today I got this message from 02: 

Here's 3 months of Disney+ on us, just as a thank you for being with us. It's the perfect time to jump back in with a great line up of new originals and timeless classics to stream!

Just text DISNEY to 21500

RRP £7.99 p/m after 3 mths. Cancel anytime. 18+ Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220

And when I applied I got this:

Hi. Thanks for getting in touch about our Disney+ Extra offer.

We're sorry for any disappointment.

Seems pretty uncool. Can you help?

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@DamoSim wrote:

Hi Karl

Today I got this message from 02: 

Here's 3 months of Disney+ on us, just as a thank you for being with us. It's the perfect time to jump back in with a great line up of new originals and timeless classics to stream!

Just text DISNEY to 21500

RRP £7.99 p/m after 3 mths. Cancel anytime. 18+ Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220

And when I applied I got this:

Hi. Thanks for getting in touch about our Disney+ Extra offer.

We're sorry for any disappointment.

Seems pretty uncool. Can you help?

Text DISNEY3 to 21500 and it should work ok

Message 10 of 10