Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Disgusted at O2 customer service !

I have just been on the phone (Sat)to my insurance company (Lloyds) as i have just spilt coffee over my iphone (payg). They informed me to contact O2 for a 'Proof of Usage' as i would need this to complete my claim for accidental damage. So i call O2 and am not so swiftly informed that i can't get this as i'm on pay&go and this isn't something they can do! However if i am prepared to pay £10 then they could send me 'call records' which has some details on it but my insurance company may not accept it aswell as the fact this can take upto 40 days ! Or alternatively get my insurance company to contact O2 (which they won't) for O2 to then tell them these details. They simply refuse to give me my own details with the IMEI on though so i could send this to my insurance, how unhelpful is this of them ?

So because i don't have the original receipt for the handset as it was bought 2nd hand, O2 have now left me in the situation where i simply can't claim for the accidental damage as their business process doesn't accommodate it !

I just wanted to state that i am through with O2 and their inept policies which care little for the 'customer experience' and i will be taking my business elsewhere from now on.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Surely your problem is with your insurance company, not O2.

You are claiming for a phone you did not buy from O2, and for which you have no receipt, and Lloyds have taken it on, I am very surprised.

Don't know what to suggest.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted

Surely your problem is with your insurance company, not O2.

You are claiming for a phone you did not buy from O2, and for which you have no receipt, and Lloyds have taken it on, I am very surprised.

Don't know what to suggest.

The IMEI is on the phone, on the SIM tray of iPhone 3G or on the back of the original iPhone
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Highlighted
Anonymous

No the whole problem is that O2 just simply wont send me anything that states that the phone has been used on the network although i've been topping up and they can tell me over the phone they know it is an iphone by the IMEI number.

Their customer service and reluctance to try and help has astounded me.

How hard could it be to simply email me or send me a letter just stating that IMEI has been used on the Network afterall i've been spending money on the network ! So yes it does centralise on O2.
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,895

I'm afraid that the policy for P&G call records is as advised to you - £10 and up to 40 days - but invariably much quicker than this. Do you have any top up records i.e.bank statements etc. Maybe the insurance company will accept those along with the IMEI number, although having experience on making a claim through LloydsTSB, it's unlikely. Worst case scenario, costs you £10 but you have to wait a couple of months.

Good luck with this, let us know how you get on as it may help others.
Highlighted

I've just had a look at the Lloydstsb website and they want a proof of purchase with the IMEI number on, to look at a claim, so I don't think there will be any luck here.

Looking at it from their point of view, anyone could buy a broken phone for next to nothing and claim for a new one without these safeguards, and I'd bet that has happened many times.

Highlighted
Anonymous

No that's just ridiculous as the handset would have to be used on the network and also that would be fraud to insure a faulty handset which is a serious offence. Also a 21 day registration period is normally enforced through the various insurance companies.
Highlighted

Well I wish you luck anyway, let us know how you get on.