cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days ago I took out a pay monthly O2 refresh cocntract. The price is £22 a month but I was told, as a student, I would get a discount and that it would total £18.10 a month. I followed the instructions I was given to activate the discount (Filling out the form with organisation 'NUS', then texting 'open' to 2020 with the code i received). I have done this a number of times, sometimes i receive a response saying 'Unfortunately we had problems deaaling with your request for setting. Please contact customer service' and other times i get no reply what so ever! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but really don't have the time to be kept on hold over the phone trying to sort it out! Can anyone help? Do I need to go into a store to activate it? That would be a pain as I'm pretty sure there isn't one near my uni!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If you go into store they will just tell you to call 202. Trust me, call them and bare it out. I tried it electronicially a few times and it didn't work. Then i called them and it was sorted in minutes. You could try online chat with customer services but they may just say to call. 

Try calling up when you are doing nothing else and put them on speaker phone. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If you have followed the procedure and texted your code to 2020 then you really need to speak to customer service as there is little we can advise as customers unfortunately.

You could possibly try web chat but I would think that as the first bill is produced within a matter of a couple of days of taking out the contract, it would probably be the second bill before the discount is applied.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unless anything has changed, if you already have your open code you text OPEN followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode to 2020 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Thanks for confirming that - I wonder if the OP is texting in the name, mobile number and postcode too.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It's a possible reason but I'm sure it won't be applied to the first bill. Perhaps one of the O2 staff members can clarify for us?

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
From memory it won't be on the first bill as that is almost immediately generated when the contract is started. But it should appear from the second bill onwards.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8