cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning,

I changed my bank account using the switching service and they informed O2 of my new details for the direct debit.  It was setup on the 24th and my payment date is the 27th.  O2 did not take any money on that date.  Instead they disconnected me.  Customer service informed me that they tried to take the money and the bank refused it.  I have spoken to the bank who confirmed that there was sufficient money in the account and that at no time did O2 try to take the direct debit.  I contacted O2 and paid the balance yesterday using my debit card.  They promised me that my phone would be operational in between 1 and 24 hours.  Well that time has come and gone and the phone is still only accepting incoming calls.  I have tried to call but the queue is extremely long.  Any thoughts?

Caroline

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Only CS can help you with this, I'm afraid you'll just have to keep trying.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You could try live chat if 202 is busy.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Only CS can help you with this, I'm afraid you'll just have to keep trying.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23157 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

It's possible that there wasn't enough time given between switching and the payment date. I would agree with MI5 and keep trying to call CS on 202. Trying to sort this using Live Chat could cause you more problems than you have now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4