cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disapointed With The Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently moved from Vodafone to O2 and brought my number with me however to my disapointment the O2 Sim wouldn't even work on my iPhone as the phone is locked on Vodafone and after contacting O2 they said I need to contact the original retailer who sold the phone to me, I bought the phone from a private seller on ebay so there's no way they're going to unlock it for me. the other option will be to fork out an additional £50 to unlock the handset. I would have considered spending £50 to unlock my iphone to use with my new O2 sim HOWEVER the signal strenght of O2 in my area is useless!! I have to move around the house to try and get a useable signal, and that's only with an old phone, imagine what would it be like if I used a 3G device such an iphone?

I now have no other choice but to ask for a PAC code from O2 and find another provider that has an half decent signal in my area.

I've been reading some posts on the internet about users going through nightmare trying to obtain a PAC code so I'm really worried what will happen to my case. I just want to be let out that's all!

I believe its up to the service provider to check their service availability in the area before offering their service to new customers and it would've been nice to be made aware of the weak signal before moving to O2.

atm I'm really disappointed and just want a PAC code to I can use my phone again.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately it is YOUR responsibility to check service but you do get a cooling off period of 7 days (for new contracts). As I guess you are PAYG just call CS 4445 and ask for your PAC then make sure you check your signal before moving.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately it is YOUR responsibility to check service but you do get a cooling off period of 7 days (for new contracts). As I guess you are PAYG just call CS 4445 and ask for your PAC then make sure you check your signal before moving.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You bought a phone on ebay which is locked to Vodafone - I fail to see how O2 deserve your frustration at not being able to use it with an O2 sim. 

As for the signal, luckily you do get 7 days to change your mind. If you got it online or over the phone, call customer services and they can have a PAC code generated for you - no problems, don't worry.Have you checked your signal at status.o2.co.uk?

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It isn't O2's responsibility to check whether you can get a signal, nor is it their fault that you bought a phone on eBay locked to another network. If you are on a contract with O2, asking for your PAC code does not mean that you can just walk away. You would have to pay the remaining months if you have gone past your 7 day cooling off period.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If its such an old phone there's a pretty good chance the antenna would pick up the signal better.

For £50 mate go get yourself a new phone on O2.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the betting the phone from ebay is a expensive paper weight anyway??

Message 6 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd hope not from the sound of it its only a 2g mobile.

Didn't realise they still existed.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

2g original iphone maybe

Message 8 of 8