cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to change my bank account details.  How?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can change account details in My O2 as long as it's 7 working days before the DD is due to take. I changed mine a few months ago.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring customer services on 202.
Message 2 of 10

youyouxue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You should also ensure that the old direct debit is cancelled with your bank to avoid any future payment confusion.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest until the direct debits are coming out of your new bank account id leave your existing direct debit in place just in case.

If they do have a hiccup and try to take from the old bank account and it defaults because you've cancelled it , this could lead to loss of service , possible re connection fees ,and at the extreme debt collectors and credit file black marks.
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes it is well documented that problems can occur until any new account details are up and running.

You need to keep an eye on the transition to make sure it has gone through smoothly....

(Before cancelling any old bank accounts)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If you have other direct debits to bring over and don't mind closing the old account, you could also contact your bank and use the switching service to bring all your direct debits over. Some banks offer a financial incentive for doing this, halifax springs immediately to mind but there are probably others that do too

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

If you have other direct debits to bring over and don't mind closing the old account, you could also contact your bank and use the switching service to bring all your direct debits over. Some banks offer a financial incentive for doing this, halifax springs immediately to mind but there are probably others that do too

Nationwide do as well...I had forgotten about that @davethorp 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can change account details in My O2 as long as it's 7 working days before the DD is due to take. I changed mine a few months ago.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just changed my direct debit details online for my 'airtime bill' but it's really unclear if this has changed the payment details for the 'device plan' as well (as with new plans they split your bill into paying off the phone and the bill seperately so two transactions go out your account).

Does anyone know?  As I changed the bank details specifically in the 'airtime bill' section I think not, but if you try and do the same change in the 'device plan' section you don't have the same option to change the payment details.  

Any help appreciated.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I agree there is confusion surrounding this. It's best you call CS on 202 to confirm your actions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10