cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit terminated, account in arrears!!

A4-Ally
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unkown to me one of my Direct debits was terminated by 02 today. My payments are supposed to be between 22nd and 28th. This has put me in arrears now but after getting notified by text I tried to contact someone, but there was a "technical fault" with getting me through to the right department. I've now gone on to my account and paid the arrears and set the direct debit up again. But Id like to know if this will affect my currently excellent credit score!!? And if it does how can I reverse this negative impact caused by 02!!?

Not very happy at all with this 02! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146768 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@A4-Ally 

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202, 0344 809 0202, or specific payment management number 0800 902 0217 / 0800 032 5302
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@A4-Ally 

Did you make any progress in solving this conundrum ? 

I must admit that I found it curious that O2 had terminated one of your DDs and wondered if you had ever got to the bottom of it. 😀

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146768 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

No doubt a "technical error" 🙄

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

A4-Ally
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, not really.

A technical error by 02 was to blame for the initial cancellation. I then paid manually and set up another DD, even got email confirmation of it, but I went overdue again on 28th of December and had to pay manually again after getting a notification from 02. Plenty of cash in my account as well I may add. Very frustrating that in this day and age its this hard for a company like 02 to take automatic payments. 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

There are quite a lot of posts on this forum @A4-Ally of O2 either not taking payments, or taking them and not allocating them to the correct customer account. 

Please let us have an update if you experience similar issues in late January.  

Message 6 of 8

A4-Ally
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No problem, thanks..I will do. Should say that I've written a complaint to the complaints department as well regarding it.  

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

OK @A4-Ally, material responses to complaints are currently running at about eight weeks. 

Look forward to an update in due course.  

Message 8 of 8