Did you mean: 

Direct Debit

jake30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi ,

I took out a iphone 11 in red on contract and payment to be taken by direct debit on 1st Febuary 2020 and ive never missed a payment.

On 30th October i paid the device plan off and upgraded to an Iphone 12 in red and payment to be taken by Direct debit. 

i have had letter in the post confirming i have paid off the old device plan which displays the credit amount and the length of the agreement also displays the payments paid and dates.

My bill isn't generated untill the 1st every month and is due out on the 17th every month. My bill is the price i was expecting but im a bit worried they may still take payment for my old device. 

i also have an apple watch series 5 theres 3 direct debits showing on the bank for o2

1 for the phone 

1 for the watch 

1 for the airtime device 

I've noticed today that there is now a 4th direct debit showing on the bank. what is this for? is it for the new device if so will the old one be cancelled or will payment still be taken for it?

Is it worth giving o2 a call or wait till the payment has been taken then cancel old direct if its not gone out??

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jake30 

The old direct debit will just be dormant. O2 cannot cancel a direct debit on your bank account, only you can do that, O2 just won't call for it.

The new direct debit will be for the new device plan as your airtime will continue to be taken from the old one. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jake30 

The old direct debit will just be dormant. O2 cannot cancel a direct debit on your bank account, only you can do that, O2 just won't call for it.

The new direct debit will be for the new device plan as your airtime will continue to be taken from the old one. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2